The Terberg Group has received a royal warrant. This was presented at the Dorpshuis in Benschop by Mr. J.H. Oosters, King's Commissioner for the Province of Utrecht, in the presence of the mayors and aldermen of the municipalities of IJsselstein and Lopik.
George Terberg, Chairman of the Board of Management, commented "This is the crown on the work associated with 150 years of the entrepreneurial spirit, vision and perseverance demonstrated by our family and all our employees. The royal warrant is associated with quality and trust."
On 13th May 1869 great-grandfather Johannes Bernardus Terberg set up the village forge in Benschop. His son Willem George took the business over just before the First World War.
After the Second World War the third generation of the family (four brothers and two sisters) greatly expanded the business by identifying opportunities for building trucks, supplying and servicing cars and, later, car leasing. The fourth generation further diversified the business and expanded it internationally. At present the company is managed by the fourth generation while members of the fifth generation are now also working in the business.
The six divisions of the family business focus on:
Engineering and production of:
Leasing and rental of:
The Terberg Group has approximately 2700 employees.
The group has subsidiaries in 12 countries, sells products to over 100 countries and the 2018 revenues were EUR 945 million.